As much as we love our canine companions, they also tend to make life a lot messier. Potty training, shedding, and puppy breath can all add up to a nightmare for you and your dog. Luckily, there are some simple solutions that will make everyone happy.
These tricks will help you clean up those messy moments, keep your pup healthy, and ensure you stay sane.
1. If your dog gets stung by a bee, remove the stinger (a credit card can be helpful) and treat the wound with a mixture of water and baking soda to keep it from getting infected.
2. Vacuums tend to only scratch the surface when removing pet hair and dander, so try using a squeegee instead.
3. Another trick for getting rid of pesky hair on the furniture is to use a slightly damp rubber glove and running your hand across the surface.
4. Use containers for their food to save space and keep it fresh longer.
5. If they eat their food too quickly, which can make them sick, try sticking a tennis ball or other toy in with the kibble to slow them down.
6. Keep your pooch away from chocolate, onions, avocado, grapes, peaches, and plums, all of which will make them sick.
7. Mix some parsley in with their food to help keep their breath fresh
8. Add a little chicken broth to their water to soothe upset tummies.
9. Pup’s suffering constipation can dig in to some pumpkin puree to help clear the pipes.
10. Create a cheap, comfy bed out of an old sweater. Your familiar scent will also be comforting for your puppy pal.
11. In the summer, freeze water with chicken broth, toys, or treats for a fun way to cool them down and keep them hydrated outdoors.
12. For potty training mishaps, sprinkle a hefty amount of baking soda on the carpet and allow it to soak it all up for a few hours, then vacuum up the mess.
13. Prep your pup’s paws with vaseline before a long walk to keep them from chaffing and cracking in the winter.
14. During your pup’s next bath, use a tea kettle to easily rinse off the soap and keep the suds out of their eyes.
15. Keep your dog dander free by wiping him down with all-natural dryer sheets.